Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Warranted Unorganized Thoughts

Hellllllllllooooooooooooo.............
Lot's been going on, so I should probably blog it so that in twenty years I'll be able to come back to this website and see what my life used to be like. Anyhoo random musings as of late:

I am way too over-excited about my peanut-butter and jelly on a chocolate-chip bagel for tomorrow's lunch.

Much of my thinking is now involved in what will be my next four meals, and if I have enough food to get me till shabbos.

Why do I still feel like I have no grasp on Matlab? And why do the doctoral students in my lab seem like when they were undergrads they still knew infinitely more about programming and using Matlab than me? Was I supposed to be proficient coming into this summer?

I'm saving my receipts from MacGruder's (a supermarket in Silver Spring- but isn't that also the SNL spin-off of McGuyver?) so that I can compare them with my eventual receipts from Shoppers and see which is cheaper.

How in all heck am I going to have something research-related to present in a large auditorium at the end of these ten weeks?

And now for some happier ones:

Yay for minyan on campus!

Yay for hillel frisbee on campus!

Yay for having my own room!

And it poured today as I was walking from the mall to my apartment, but so it goes.

So long for now,

Sim(cha)

7 comments:

  1. I have to ask: Did you bring a parka? Buy an umbrella?

    ReplyDelete
  2. nah, plus i was in shorts and a t-shirt

    ReplyDelete
  3. when it rains there, it pours. sort of like after going on one of those water rides and squishing around in your shoes for the rest of the day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catch me on GTalk sometime. We should talk. Will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. frisbee is cool
    i was playing around with making a blog and i saw you can add buttons on the bottom which sort of act as short mini comments. I would much prefer that method of impersonal communication

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry, getting lazy. may take awhile

    ReplyDelete